Haworth

Home Contributors Contact Links Wallpaper Search
 News
 Local Community
 Annual Events
 Out and About
 Local History
 Nature
 The Brontes
 Steam Railway
 360° Panoramas
 Tourist Information

Haworth History
Past & Present Pictures
Haworth Maps 1852
Haworth Schools History
Stanbury School History

History Pictures
Haworth
Oxenhope
Cross Rds
Stanbury


Haworth History - Haworth Masonic Lodge


 

Haworth Masonic Lodge

The Lodge of the Three Graces Haworth 408 (originally 506) was formed on 15th September 1792, the first recorded meeting was at the Black Bull on 7th July 1806. They continued to meet there until 1821 when they moved to Lodge street .

Masonic lodge at Lodge St.
Masonic lodge at Lodge St.

 

Branwell Bronte 

Branwell Bronte (1817- 1848) was proposed and accepted into the Masonic lodge at Lodge St (pictures left show inside) Haworth Feb 29th 1836.  On June 12th 1837 he became secretary. In 1842 is the last time he attends a lodge meeting.

The Rose bowl (picture right - click on the picture for inscription) is said to have belonged to the Bronte family. It was presented to the lodge on 6th April 1936 celebrating the centenary of Branwell Bronte's raising to the sublime degree of Master Mason.

On 25th May 1907 the land at Mill Hey was purchased form Merral & Son Ltd for the sum of £85:5:0d.

Ceremonial shovelThe first sod was cut on 27th May 1907 by Bro. J.W. Parker. On 14th December 1907 the lodge records its first meeting in the new premises. Picture right show the lodge in early 1900's and as it is today.

 

 

 

Picture below is taken inside the main room of the lodge. Take a 360 degree view inside Haworth Masonic Lodge here...

Inside Haworth Masonic Lodge.
Lodge of the Three Graces Haworth 408
Bronte Rose Bowl
Lodge early 1900's.
Haworth Masonic Lodge today.


haworth-village.org.uk 2001 - 2014


tracker