Haworth
Local Community

Home Contributors Contact Links Wallpaper Search
 News
 Local Community
 Annual Events
 Out and About
 Local History
 Nature
 The Brontes
 Steam Railway
 360° Panoramas
 Tourist Information



Local Community
Local Groups
Local Events
Local News
Local Information
Classified Ads
Eating Out


Aerial Views

Haworth Park

Yorkshire Air Ambulance
Haworth New Jersey

Desktop Wallpaper

Keighley Cinema


Add your Event

Add your Group

Place an Ad

Haworth and Machu Picchu Twin Town Group Minutes 2004 - 2009


 
This is an archive of Haworth Fairtrade Minutes 2004 - 2009. The latest minutes here...

 

Fair Trade Minutes 04-03-01
Present: Rita, Chris, Jacqui, John
Apologies: Judith, Sue, Kathleen

Minutes of previous meeting read, discussed and actioned where necessary.

Matters arising:
1.Rangoli areas: Haworth Station, Sonia’s smile, bottom of Main st., Parsonage, St. Michael’s church.
2.Community chest grant of £250 awarded for Rangoli powder.
3.TIC exhibition has been organised and is up for display.
4.Tuesday March 2nd Crossroads 6th Cubscouts pack. Rita to do: various ideas given, inc. world map, talk, video, party banner to be made.
5.Coffee mornings Tuesday 2nd March at Parsonage 10 am first 20 free entry , Tue 9th @ No.10 The coffee House Thu 11th @ Cobbled Way Main St.
6.Balloons to be let off at weekends from Shop. John to do posters for Balloon race and coffee mornings.
7.Shefali & Janack @ Arts Factory of 5 weeks Mon-Fri: till April 1st . March 6-7, 13-14 in School Rooms.
8.Party @ school rooms, Thursday 11th March 7pm. Invites have been given out, and spares to be given out by committee. Food caterer Bev to be contacted by Rita. Jacqui to organise bar, lamps, ash trays etc. Local buskers to attend.
9.Waggon and Horses (Andy), and Turkey (Harry) to be approached re donation of locally brewed beer for party. Action: Chris.
10.Cyclists from Leeds and York need accommodation, volunteer beds required!

Meeting closed at 21:55

DONM: first Monday in Month, April 5th 20:00 at the Fleece.


-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Haworth Fair Trade Village meeting June
Fleece Inn Main St

Present. Rita,Judith,Chris, Sue,John

Balloon race update. Not yet fixed up collection of hamper with winner. Chris to contact again. Decided to send a gift to the returner in France from Sonias Smile as a voucher is not suitable.

World Fair Trade Day.Rita reported that BAFTS were very disappointed with the response for their competition. The Fashion show at Christchurch in Oakworth organised by Briony Partridge was a huge success.

Eagle requests information for linked site and suggested that he can help publicise ft supplying shops.

Mirfield are trying for status and have asked for our help. Stephen Butler has been invited to our meetings.

A FT constitution is now on the F F website.

Joe Human from Keswick who has done a monitoring form for B and Bs. Discussed how we are going to approach this issue. Judith is going to do a small questionnaire.

Rita brought a copy of the schools handbook produced by Hannah Dalrymple. Copies available for £2 each. Chris to show it to the primary school.

The carnival table has been cancelled as we have not sufficient people to man it.

The Co op Community award scheme form requested to help with producing a better quality directory.

Bradford are forming a steering group and have requested a Haworth representative.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Haworth Fair Trade Village meeting July

Present Rita, Judith
Apologies Chris Danni

Bradford first meeting discussed. Rita and John attended and John is chair for 12 months.

Justicia Bolton newsletter discussed.

Edinburgh fair trade market discussed

In the light of probable help from Bradford regarding a directory it was decided that the community award scheme could be better used .

Judith reported on the progress of the questionnaire and has also got all the details of the directory now.

Rita is looking into the possibility of getting DFID funding via the shop to employ someone to do teaching/presentations to schools groups etc.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Fair Trade Meeting 02-02-04

Present: Rita, Julia, Kathleen, Chris U., Sue

Minutes discussed but not available to read. Jacqui to resubmit to John in useable font.

Matters arising.
Anna to check out schools, Julia to take last years banner in…
Paul to get on with postcard idea…
Chris M. to produce new directory (action Rita) and Chris U. to copy
Ask Julia to ask newsletter delivery volunteers to do an extra round with FT directory, and card up at info point requesting volunteers for FTFN. (action Rita)
Chris U. and Keith Holmes to cycle to Garstang on Friday 12th March. Accommodation to be arranged.
Kathleen to bake FT cake.
Party on Thursday 11th March at School rooms (see below)…, to include all those on directory list, KWVR station, Ann Cryer. Anna to check venues.
Calendar, Look North and other TV to be checked out.
Banner from Chris M.
Un-book Hall Green for Saturdays as nothing happening.
Confirm weekends with Janack and Shefali up at school rooms.
TIC gets exhibition, but any other ideas welcome.
Parsonage, Sonia’s smile, bottom of Main St. to be venues for Rangoli.
Anne Cryer to be written to regarding possible appearance during FTFN.
Balloon race like last year, Gas from Towler and Stains, tickets from Gail, Prize from local business? (Action Rita) volunteers to help launch from outside Sonia’s Smile.
Julia to fill in community chest forms and hand in by Feb 12th


Party stuff
1.Check possible train party. (Action Jacqui/Rita), if not…
2.Check school rooms venue availability and price, with Jenny S. (action Chris)
3.Check available buskers for either venue. (action Rita/Julia)
4.Invite all those on directory list, KWVR station, Ann Cryer.
5.Print ticket invites with free drink per ticket. (Action John).
6.Get Chris M. display stand.
7.Raffle FT hamper (action Kathleen.)
8.Raffle tickets (action Kathleen.)
9.Rita to find out about food.

Meeting closed at 22:30.
DONM March 1st 2004 at The Fleece 20:00.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Fairtrade Village meeting 1 March 2004 at the Fleece Inn, Haworth 8pm
Present: Rita, Chris, Jacqui, John

Apologies: Judith, Sue, Kathleen

Minutes of previous meeting read, discussed and actioned where necessary.

Matters arising:

1. Rangoli areas: Haworth Station, Sonia's Smile, bottom of Main St., Parsonage, St. Michael's church.
2. Community chest grant of £250 awarded for Rangoli powder.
3. TIC exhibition has been organised and is up for display.
4. Tuesday March 2nd Crossroads 6th Cubscouts pack. Rita to do: various ideas given, inc. world map, talk, video, party banner to be made.
5. Coffee mornings Tuesday 2nd March at Parsonage 10 am first 20 free entry, Tue 9th @ No.10 The coffee House Thu 11th at the Cobbled Way Main St.
6. Balloons to be let off at weekends from Shop. John to do posters for Balloon race and coffee mornings.
7. Shefali & Janack at the Arts Factory of 5 weeks Mon-Fri: till April 1st . March 6-7, 13-14 in School Rooms.
8. Party at the school rooms, Thursday 11th March 7pm. Invites have been given out, and spares to be given out by committee. Food caterer Bev to be contacted by Rita. Jacqui to organise bar, lamps, ash trays etc. Local buskers to attend.
9. Waggon and Horses (Andy), and Turkey (Harry) to be approached re donation of locally brewed beer for party. Action: Chris.
10. Cyclists from Leeds and York need accommodation, volunteer beds required!

Meeting closed at 21:55
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Fairtrade Village meeting 5th April 2004 at the Fleece Inn, Haworth 8pm
Present: Rita Verity, Jacqui Purlan, Judith Robertshaw, John Sargent, Chris Upton

New managers at The Wuthering Heights Public House in Stanbury are very keen to add Fairtrade products to their drinks offering. Rita to try and source them a coffee machine.

The Hebdon Bridge Fairtrade Directory was passed around as a good example of what we had been hoping to achieve with the Haworth Directory. All agreed that the Haworth Directory needed updating and John Sargent agreed to look into the project. Rita to e-mail an image of Haworth Main Street to John for possible use as cover page.

The Keswick Fairtrade Steering Group had been discussing with Rita the ways in which they were monitoring the Bed & Breakfast businesses to ensure they were all still stocking Fairtrade products. It was agreed to use the updating of the Directory as a reason to contact all our local businesses to ensure they still wanted to be included. We need to ask the secretary if she will compose such a letter and ensure it is distributed. Need to make sure the Keighley & Worth Valley Railway are given a copy and have adequate supplies of products. There are now new products available that many of the B&B's would be interested in, Hot Chocolate for instance. This needs to be in the letter as well.

It was agreed that we would run the Fairtrade Stall at Haworth Carnival again, and hope to improve based on first year's experiences. Judith Robertshaw to oversee organization.

The plan to serve tea and coffee on the lawn at The Bronte Parsonage on World Fairtrade Day has had to be cancelled because there is another booking in the hall we used as a base for making the tea and coffee.

There is to be a Fairtrade Fashion Show though on World Fairtrade Day, Saturday 8th May at Christ Church in Oakworth at 7.30p. Tel: 01535 -643291/643206 for further details.

All agreed the party for Fairtrade Fortnight was excellent, and a very positive message was passed to a large number of people. The press coverage was also very good. The coffee mornings were a little disappointing, and a new approach would be needed for next year's event. Four hundred and forty five balloons were sold in the balloon race with responses from France, Belgium and Germany as well as many areas of the U.K. Nicky Arnold from Bolton, Bradford was the winner. It was agreed to send a letter to the people abroad to thank them for returning the labels and enclose some information about Fairtrade in the letters. Thanks go to the volunteers for helping to sell the balloons over the two days.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Fairtrade Village meeting 4 June 2004 at the Fleece Inn, Haworth 8pm
Present. Rita, Judith, Chris, Sue, John

Balloon race update. Not yet fixed up collection of hamper with winner. Chris to contact again. Decided to send a gift to the returner in France from Sonias Smile as a voucher is not suitable.

World Fair Trade Day.Rita reported that BAFTS were very disappointed with the response for their competition. The Fashion show at Christchurch in Oakworth organised by Briony Partridge was a huge success.

Eagle requests information for linked site and suggested that he can help publicise ft supplying shops.

Mirfield are trying for status and have asked for our help. Stephen Butler has been invited to our meetings.

A FT constitution is now on the F F website.

Joe Human from Keswick who has done a monitoring form for B and Bs. Discussed how we are going to approach this issue. Judith is going to do a small questionnaire.

Rita brought a copy of the schools handbook produced by Hannah Dalrymple. Copies available for £2 each. Chris to show it to the primary school.

The carnival table has been cancelled as we have not sufficient people to man it.

The Co op Community award scheme form requested to help with producing a better quality directory.

Bradford are forming a steering group and have requested a Haworth representative.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Fairtrade Village meeting 5th July 2004, Fleece Inn, Haworth 8pm
Present: Rita Verity, Jacqui Purlan, Judith Robertshaw, John Sargent, Chris Upton

New managers at The Wuthering Heights Public House in Stanbury are very keen to add Fairtrade products to their drinks offering. Rita to try and source them a coffee machine.

The Hebdon Bridge Fairtrade Directory was passed around as a good example of what we had been hoping to achieve with the Haworth Directory. All agreed that the Haworth Directory needed updating and John Sargent agreed to look into the project. Rita to e-mail an image of Haworth Main Street to John for possible use as cover page.

The Keswick Fairtrade Steering Group had been discussing with Rita the ways in which they were monitoring the Bed & Breakfast businesses to ensure they were all still stocking Fairtrade products. It was agreed to use the updating of the Directory as a reason to contact all our local businesses to ensure they still wanted to be included. We need to ask the secretary if she will compose such a letter and ensure it is distributed. Need to make sure the Keighley & Worth Valley Railway are given a copy and have adequate supplies of products. There are now new products available that many of the B&B’s would be interested in, Hot Chocolate for instance. This needs to be in the letter as well.

It was agreed that we would run the Fairtrade Stall at Haworth Carnival again, and hope to improve based on first year’s experiences. Judith Robertshaw to oversee organization.

The plan to serve tea and coffee on the lawn at The Bronte Parsonage on World Fairtrade Day has had to be cancelled because there is another booking in the hall we used as a base for making the tea and coffee.

There is to be a Fairtrade Fashion Show though on World Fairtrade Day, Saturday 8th May at Christ Church in Oakworth at 7.30p. Tel: 01535 -643291/643206 for further details.

All agreed the party for Fairtrade Fortnight was excellent, and a very positive message was passed to a large number of people. The press coverage was also very good. The coffee mornings were a little disappointing, and a new approach would be needed for next year’s event. Four hundred and forty five balloons were sold in the balloon race with responses from France, Belgium and Germany as well as many areas of the U.K. Nicky Arnold from Bolton, Bradford was the winner. It was agreed to send a letter to the people abroad to thank them for returning the labels and enclose some information about Fairtrade in the letters. Thanks go to the volunteers for helping to sell the balloons over the two days.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Fairtrade Village Meeting 6 Sept. 2004 at the Fleece Inn, Haworth 8pm
Present: Rita Verity, Chris Upton, Paul and Paula Widdowson, Judith Robertshaw, Dani Mistry, Sue Karran,

Apologies: John Sargent

1. Fairtrade News Highlights: Rita has a copy of the newsletter detailing current award winning projects in the Uk. There are now 175 fairtrade zones in application in the UK. It was decided to order 50 action cards to hold in Sonia's Smile and The Old Registry for customers to take and distribute in food and drink outlets/shops (both in Haworth and outside) where they request a fair trade product but are unable get one.

2. Directory: Received some replies to the recent questionnaire re updating Fairtrade providers in Haworth. Chris and Rita to push for more replies and new providers. Updated directory to be delivered locally with the Haworth and Cross Roads newsletter.

3. Report from Dani Mistry Bradford Council Policy and Fairtade Link officer:

City council now offering Fairtrade chocolate in the canteen which fits in for the criteria of Gold status as the council is a large local employer.

Also Baildon, Haworth and Bingley Fairtrade group websites to be linked to the Council main website. This needs to be updated with more pictures.

There is to be a Steering group appointed for promoting Fair trade at a district level. They will work on holding an awareness day and launch ? in February. Thoughts from group that this may be good to coincide with Fairtrade fortnight (FTF), 1- 14th March 2005.

Rita reported that she has contacted the Alan and Lorraine Clark of Haworth YHA who are already Fairtrade providers and are keen to be involved in FT fortnight - they may be a good venue for the awarenes day and for an exhibition of photos that toured the Uk last year highlight FT issues. Danni to ring photo exibit organisers re availabilty and council to fund this.

4. Treasurers Report: Judith reported we are 100 pounds in credit.

5. AOB:

Other ideas for FTF: Try again for screening of Chocolate film. With fairtrade chocolate and possibly cocoa/hot chocolate on sale in the interval. Joanne Harris to be approached for her commitments. Will also try for a demonstration of chocolate cookery with a famous chef if possible. Paul and Paula to approach Joanne Harris and offer accomodation for her visit to Ilkley Literature Festival and FTF and also investigate links with chefs. Will ask John Sargent re Hugh Fearnley-Whittingstall. Also look at converting Skipton chocolatier.

Going for Gold! The goals which need to be achieved to reach gold status FT were reviewed and it was found that it looks very possible. Boundary signs are in the planning process and Dani reported there should be no problem. The updated directory is in process. Chris approaching PTA for fairtrade school. Twinning with a producing community is also in process. Potential to increase educational campaigning and link with schools.

Fairtrade Conference in Skipton: Rita to attend and do stall.

Haworth Carnival: Aiming to do float next year and perhaps combine with local churches on a stall.

Articles on Haworth - Rita pointed out that not all articles on Haworth mention that it is a fairtrade village. Should work towards encouraging.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Fairtrade Meeting Minutes 4th Oct. 2004, The Fleece, 8pm
Present: Mark McChesney, Rita, Judith, John, Chris, Paul, Paula
Apologies: Ed Savage

Matters arising

* Youth Hostel approached and positive response for getting involved somehow
* Joanne Harris has been e-mailed re showing of 'Chocolat' (said in a French accent) film
* Guest celebrity chef looking promising, but not pinned down as yet
* Treasurer reported the grand sum of £90 in our bank account
* A mailshot has gone around all the local business, not otherwise contacted
* Possibility of flying a homemade Fair Trade Flag from St. Michael's during FTFN
* Twinning possibilities discussed, to include three way triangling with us, America and somewhere else...


Meeting closed at 9.15pm
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Haworth Fairtrade Village meeting
Monday 1st November 2004
Fleece, Main St, Haworth.

Present Rita Verity, Judith Robertshaw
Apologies Paul and Paula Widdowson

*Town Crier .
Rita has been in discussion with Michael Walton who is organising the Town Crier competition in Main St on 20th Nov. This is an annual event where criers from all over the country compete. They do a cry about their own town and then one on a given subject about the host place. They are doing it about Fairtrade this year and hopefully will generate some publicity.

*Film
The date has been confirmed as 5th March Sat. West Lane Baptist church 6pm start
Joanne Harris has agreed to attend and will do a talk and a book signing if we wish.
We estimate that we require 20 chocolate cakes and various other chocolate items.
The Day chocolate co is providing some samples and has offered photographs for a display . Cafedirect have offered chocolate sachets samples.
Judith pointed out that we should contact all other fair trade chocolate companies so that we are not promoting any single supplier. Action Rita
A local fire juggler has agreed to perform outside as the public left and Rita made a suggestion of lanterns along the path to the road.
Judith objects as she is concerned about the danger and liability . To be discussed with others.
We will have a raffle of possibly a fair-trade hamper.
Rita to contact the video co re royalties and ask about posters, if none to ask local cinemas.
Rita to confirm the number of seats available (thought to be 140)
Paul Barker has kindly agreed to provide and run the equipment.

Items to discuss next meeting are tickets. posters, publicity, providing cakes, help in the kitchen. Whether or not to show a short trailer, the BAFTS video ‘for a few pesos more’ or ‘fields of Gold’. Titles , programme, display boards. Help with the fair trade village display to get it looking more professional and laminated etc etc
Expenses and breakdown (mine)

*Bradford Vision Conference
Rita took the Haworth Fairtrade Village display to Bradford councils conference at the Jarvis Hotel. It was very well attended by many local councillors and businesses along with the countryside commission and other groups. Rita was approached by representatives of other areas including Ilkley and Wilsden and discussed the subject with them. The banner was very visible! John Anderson from Baildon also had a display.
It was noticed that the Jarvis were not serving FT and after discussing the fact with Dani who apparently had requested it but was denied Rita has got the address of head office and will write to them on behalf of the steering group.

*Earth Care Day
Rita took the display to St Andrews church , Skipton for this packed conference There was a great deal of interest again and it appears that Skipton are now in the process of beginning to attain FT status initiated from the Oxfam shop. John Anderson was there also and will follow this up.

*Directory
There has been no response from the letters sent out by Judith so it appears that we need to ‘go to press’ with the ones we have now. Rita to ask Dani if the council have got any further with designing it. This can be discussed at the Bradford FT meeting which is at the Haworth Youth hostel 23 Nov.
End of drink therefore
End of meeting
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Haworth Fair Trade Steering Committee Meeting 6th Dec 2004
Present: Rita, Chris, Paul, Judith, Karen
Apologies: Dani, John

Matters Arising:
1.Various encouraging signs from Bradford Fair Trade Steering Committee.
2.Christmas Newsletter in Haworth and Crossroads which carries advert for Sonia’s Smile, has suggested a possible directory to be put in with the next mailing. Chris to speak with Fiona re what is possible.
3.Fairtrade Postcards to be organised. Chris to speak to Ian Palmer re photos. Judith and Chris to pitch in £75 each to kitty to cover costs.
4.Janack possibly coming back tba. Will be looking for work as and when.
5.Events for FTFN 2005:
5th March film Chocolat at West Lane Baptist church
Various Coffee mornings: Park Top house, No.10, Old Registry and others.
Possible Balloon launch? Can we get free gas from Towler and Staines?
Possibly help Haworth Primary school get FT status.
Karen to send e-mail various magazines re 5th March.
Paula and Rita to work on display.
6.5th March @ WLBC
Thomas Danby Catering College will be creating chocolate wizardry all morning tba. Rita to find out more.
Joanne Harris (author of the book) for booksigning, talk.
FT display
Cocoa producer to be approached by FT foundation.
7.Treasurer’s report:- nothing to declare…

Meeting closed at 21:40.

DONM: Wednesday 5th January 7:30 pm at Fleece
*********************************************************************

Minutes of Fair Trade Steering committee.
Wednesday 6th Jan 2005-01-05

Present: Paul, Paula, Kathleen, Rita, Judith, Chris, John.
Apologies: Karen.

Matters arising
1)Photos for postcard chosen and Chris to e-mail FTF to check use of logo.
2)Rita spoke about film licence from Film Bank Distributors ltd, and a deposit of £75 was paid.
3)Paula and Rita to organise display.
4)Tickets for film show (without chocolate making stuff):
130 tickets to be made.
Time 6pm, March 5th 2005.
Raffle (a signed copy of the book, film, chocolate hamper?)
Opening and introduction from Joanne Harris
Price £10/ticket
Film “Chocolat”
at West Lane Baptist Church
John to stand in clampers car park from 5:30- 6:10pm to warn

5)Coffee mornings
Claire at No.10
Paul and Paula at Old Registery
NB each venue organises its own event, these are not organised by Rita, she has nothing to do with them, and will not be allowed in!
6)Judith to approach Coop at Oxenhope to see if they might do anything in FTFN. Kathleen to do the same at Oakworth.
7)Order Up cards and other resources, to be widely available throughout the FTFN. Rita to order.
8)Rita to contact Thomas Danby chocalte college to see what they will do…
9)John to do FTFN flyer for Haworth and Crossroads newsletter.
10)MakePovertyhistory : what could we do…? Possibly white band the church over 10th –16th April or July 2nd over EU summit. Bring further thoughts to next meeting.
The meeting closed at 21:50.
DONM Wednesday 9th Feb.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Minutes of Fair Trade Steering committee Feb 9th 2005

Present: Chris, Rita, Kathleen, Paula, June, Jacob
Apologies: John

Matters arising:
John to point Bruce Crowther to FT Postcard for Birmingham’s celebration
Rita to continue to contact FT candyfloss makers…
Rita and Paula to create display for film night. What else could we promote? Votes for MakePovertyHistory, and other local FT towns/villages, Body Shop
Chris to speak to Fiona at contact point re ‘Body Shop’ stall.
Chris to mock up letterbox for MPH postcards for film night.
Graham to speak with Spar head office re doing an FT tasting and sample day during the fortnight. Thursday 10th March early till late John and Chris to organise.
Coffee producer to go to Bradford.
Paula to approach for chocolate sponsors (Café Direct) for the film.
Kathleen to organise crockery and cutlery. Chris to arrange atmosphere.
How can we best use the film show for pushing the FT message? Suggestions please.
Chris to give school info on FT schools.
All film tickets sold…
Fairtrade running order: Coffee mornings are organising their own as before.

DONM: Wednesday 9th March.

June Gilbert: 01535 607821

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Fairtrade Meeting minutes 14th March at Fleece 8pm

Present: Rita, Judith, John, Chris, Paul, Paula, June, Karen
Apologies:

Matters arising:
1.Do we want to do a newsletter for anyone who has shown an interest in HFTV? Mixed response…
2.April 9th MakePovertyHistory do at Manchester, see website www.tjm-manchester.org.uk
3.Global week of action 10th-16th April www.april2005.org
4.May 14th World Fair Trade Day…What to do?
5.Get postcards made…Chris to send FT legal bits and pictures to printer.
6.Letters of thanks to
Day chocolate
Café Direct
Thomas Danby
Joanne Harris
Paul Barker
Sven and Julie
Oxenhope Coop
KWVR railway
Haworth Spar
TIC
Parsonage
Paul and Paula verbal
West Lane Baptist Church
Reids
Fairground
All signed and Rita to compose individual letters of thanks.
7.Treasurers report £1032.20 was banked from the film show, bits and bobs to come in still, and the odd bill to be paid.
8.Need ideas for future events please.

DONM …Tuesday 26th April 8pm venue tbc
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Minutes of Fair Trade Steering Committee April 26th 2005

Present: Rita, Judith, Chris, Paula, Graham, Mary, Lionel
Apologies: Jenny Savage

Matters Arising:
1.Re-cap on FTFN
2.Postcards to be sold by Churches, Post Office, Spar?, Sonia’s Smile, Old Registry, Park Top House, Oh La La, RoseBuds, Snowden’s?, Youth Hostel others?
3.Forties WeekEnd 7th & 8th May and World Fair Trade Day Sat 14th May, Tea and Coffee on the lawn, Chris to check crockery and hot water Burco and benches with Jenny, Rita to talk to Allen re Parsonage.
4.Treasures Report: Judith was proud to announce the grand sum of about £600 after postcards have been brought…(woo…hoo)
5.John to update various websites, and to liase with Ian P.
6.White band day Friday 1st July, churches to be banded.
7.Year long video diary idea mooted-with various ideas regarding twinning with Machu Picchu.

DONM: Monday 6th June 8pm at the Fleece, Haworth Main Street.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Minutes of Fair Trade Steering Group July 2005

* Postcards (1500) being delivered tomorrow, cost 11p each to be sold @30p each (lowest price on the street for type of card). Venues to be approached and suggest buy in advance.
* Rita has sold lots of white bandsand has got approx £32 in extra donations for the steering group.
* Treasurer: Had £5 balance in Jan. Raised £1032 from showing of Chocolat. £400 from T on the lawn during 40’s weekend. After all expenses including paying for Postcards, approx £750 balance.
* Rita went to Slovakia for ‘NEWS’ Network of Euro World FT Shops’ for a 2 day seminar on campaigning. It was a good exchange with groups such as Greenpeace and media attending and eyeopening in terms of hows BAFTS got started.
* Cardif: Rita now co. secretary of BAFTS. News: More and more FT towns being set up and are getting funding from LA’s for their FT directories. Plan approach Bradford for funding for our directory.
* World FT day – petition signing, white band selling and white banding of churches been done.
* FT steering group – need to recruit more members: Rita to approach Spar to put up a leaflet and also have one in Sonia’s Smile.
* Next year: Chris to approach Steve from Haworth in Bloom to resurrect the idea of haing the Ft logo done in Flowers.
* FT Fortnight: Need to think of ideas.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
FT Steering Group Mtg Aug/Sep 05

Judith been to Romania and was invited to speak about Fair trade issues which resulted in local producers wanting to approach their government to assist them in becoming involved as accredited producers of eg. Sweetcorn which would also be organic as they had never been able to afford pesticides.
Letter from FTF re. fairy awards: Haworth not awarded this year but was commended for inventiveness and amount of media generated. The newsletter detailing the winners is available on the FTF website. There is a Fairy presentation day in Manchester and London on Sat Oct 15th – Rita attending Manchester event.
2nd White Band Day – 10th September: 3rd on 10th December. Continue to support in various ways.
Rita has had lots of contacts from people in other villages in the area who are working on FT status eg. Otley and Copmanthorpe and she is providing as much info as possible to assist them re our experience.
RE. Funding from Bradford for directory – Rita attending district meeting on 15th Sept. and will raise this.
New coffee shop proprietor for Cobbled Way café – will do FT. New shop Bankhouse coffee selling FT products and plans to increase their range.
FTF – we are now 3 years as a FT village and are up for reassessment – this is a good opportunity/ incentive to boost the supply of FT products in the village. Plan; newsletter/letter/press to encourage new participants.
Discussion on FT fortnight and current slow selling of postcards generated an idea of a competition which needs further input/ fine tuning. Essentially a prize or hopefully a series of prizes are donated for the winners of various categories. The ft postcards are given (or sold) to entrants who then attempt to be responsible for sending the postcard back to us from the: furthest away; most remote; first one from a ft producing area/ macchu piccu ; other categories to be decided eg. Prize for outlet where winning card was sold from; first photo accompanying postcard with person and ft product? Etc.
This would be the event for Ft fortnight. Plan: further discussion and sponsorship
Old Registry would donate accommodation as a prize, would need others.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Minutes of Fair Trade Steering Committee Nov 7th 2005

Present: Rita, Judith, Chris, Graham, John

Matters arising:
1)Postcard competition furthest/wildest gets prizes
2)Directory has been updated. John to get it up on website.
3)Rita to speak to Rachel at Day Chocolate co. re possibility of ‘Chocolate factory’ event for FTFN 2006.
4)Feedback form for next year passed around for examination.
5)Next BAFTS meeting possibly at Haworth, and if agreed perhaps another party. Rita to correspond.

DONM: Dec 5th at Fleece.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Haworth Fairtrade Steering Group meeting
7pm 23 Jan 2006 The Fleece, Main St

Agenda

1)SPAR discontinued FT!!!!!!! Action required
John to e-mail FT towns discussion group to whip up some kind of opposition
Thought of as foolish move…
Chris to write a letter from FT steering group and to hand it in to spar.

2)Letter to Jennings. Follow up from group?
No reply to letter, Graham to write letter from FT steering group.

3)Bradford Zone FT status
Bradford have it (unofficially, but we know…) declaring on 6th March. (start of
Bradford are funding New Consumer magazine. 2000 to go to Sonia’s smile, and will be distributed.

4) Report on afternoons visit by Bruce to the Haworth Primary school
Janet Parkinson (headteacher), keen to see link with Machu Pichu and Fair Trade (esp yr4 as ambassadors perhaps to push to get the school FT status)
Fair-trade footballs, orange juice, bananas (and many fresh fruit)
Perhaps letters to ECS demanding/pleading for FT food?
Bev Dickinson (Parent Involvement worker) will come to FT steering committee

5)Treasurers report
£854

6) F14. MAKE FAIRTRADE YOUR HABIT. PASS IT ON.
Postcard competition: John to organise web site uploadability. Rita to ask Gail, (next door to organise posters to advertise the competition)
Travelling Books: FT advertising, glossy, Haworth based booklet to be created and passed from hand to hand. A return date to be specified then post the book back to Haworth. Rita to get books.
Perhaps school, church, college and uniformed group based books could be made as well. 14 to be made, contact Rita to get one.

14th March Oakworth Village Group Fairtrade supper and talk


7) World Fairtrade Day 14 May

8) AOB
Postcards: perhaps the next run could be part created by Bradford council, and this would allow BradMet outlets to sell them (TIC around West Yorkshire for starters)
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Minutes of Haworth Fairtrade Village Steering committee 27-02-06 Fleece, 7pm

Present: Ross Parton, Bev, Rita, John, Chris, Graham.
Apologies: Paula, Judith

Matters arising:
1.Letter to Jenning’s; 2 have been sent with no replies
2.other items taken up in agenda.

Agenda items:
Photo shoot went well if a bit cold…

1) F14 Books, going to

1 Ann Cryer (taking to House of Commons)
2 Sonias Smile (already passed on to New Consumer)
3 West Lane Baptist
4 Hall Green Baptist
5 St Michaels (Ed taking to Sudan)
6 Haworth Primary School
7 Scouts
8 Old Registry
9 Bruce Crowther (to take to the launch in London)
10 Haworth Youth Hostel
11 Parsonage
12 Gail Oates (going to Oz next week)
13 Womens Institute?
14 Railway?

2) Website arrangements John to arrange.
School tracking and other school involvement Bev to arrange.
Chris to do 2 school assemblies re ftfn. Yr ¾ teacher happy to take ft as a topic, with encouragement for lobbying local businesses. Ft coffee morning run by Bev (parental involvement) worker. Info blurb in Peach News (parent focused school magazine).

3) Postcards, locations for sales: school, WLBC, railway, post office, Oxenhope coop, Oakworth coop. Various people to ask.

4) Fairtrade Guide distribution, 1000 coming Bradford FT declaration.

5) SPAR

6) FT café Schoolrooms (links in with next item)

7) Tea on the lawn World FT day and 40s w/e (don’t panic Judith!)

8) anything else: franking machine for post?
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Minutes of the Fairtrade meeting 19 June 2006
Present: Rita, Chris, Judith, John, Ross, Ella

Apologies: Paula

1.Stand at Haworth 40’s Weekend outside Sonia’s Smile. Mainly run by Ross and Keepa with Lorraine Clarke from Haworth Youth Hostel, her children and Judith. Sale and sampling of Fairtrade products and awareness raising.
2.World Fairtrade day (weekend after 40s). Stall in Main Street and window display of materials on the theme of child labour. Fairtrade samples were also distributed.
3.We have a stand booked for the Haworth Gala on August Bank Holiday weekend, combined with the Machu Picchu twinning group. Tools for Africa may also join in.
4.Janak and Shefali will be in the country soon. We will be looking to see how we can involve them in any Fairtrade events.
5.The Fairtrade postcards are going to be sold as promotional tools at all future events.
6.Treasurer’s Report: Funds remain healthy! Sampling on World Fairtrade Day materials cost £2. We still have £835 in the bank.
7.There are now 195 Fairtrade towns. Who will be the 200th?
8.Update website. More local news to be generated for the web site. A decision was taken not to pursue the idea of the postcard competition.
9.Next year’s Fairtrade Fortnight will now be the 26 February to the 11 March.
10.In Bev’s absence a report was received that plans at the school are still progressing well.
11.Spar. A follow up letter will be sent to find out what the current situation is. Action: Rita. It was noted that the Coop in Oxenhope has increased the range of Fairtrade products sold.
12.Fairtrade signs – the idea is still being pursued.
13.It was suggested that we should have a diary of annual events to assist planning activities.
14.Farmer’s Market. There is a suggestion that a Farmer’s Market may start in Haworth in the near future. This may take shape fairly quickly-

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Haworth Fairtrade Village meeting Monday 5 February 2007
Fleece Main St 7pm

Present; Rita, Hilary, Steve, Ross, Judith, Julie, Liz, Graham

1.Good News. One of the books sent out last year during Fairtrade Fortnight (no 5) has arrived in the post from Reading. This makes three including the one from Ann Cryer which made it's way around Parliament and one which Mick Lockwood has which has been to Canada. We are now more optimistic that some of the others may return eventually. We can now use this and get press coverage. Unfortunately the log-on webpage on our site had to be suspended.
Ross is going to India next week and will take one with him.
2.IFAT banner.The Global Journey banner has been travelling the world for 2 years and is coming to the UK in April. Bradford will host the banner on 22 April and we will hopefully be able to use it in Haworth. Discussions ongoing with KWVR. Ann Cryer to be asked to attend and the book will be signed. As it is St Georges day maybe the scouts and guides will be available. Morris dancers and a brass band would also be good.ACTION RITA to find out about availablity and invite all mentioned.
3.If the event is going ahead a global banner video screening to be held at West Lane Baptist church during Fairtrade Fortnight at a Fairtrade awareness food tasting evening to let the public know it is coming.
ACTION RITA to contact Kate re video.
Contact Parsonage re the equipment.
Confirm banner.
Decide date for event (not wed)
ACTION STEVE To liase with school re using the banner for an assembly on Mon 23rd
ACTION JUDITH To ask Sainsbury and Co-op for FT goods
4.If these two events are going ahead then Sainsburys to be approached re a stand during first week of FTFN to congratulate them on their decision to changing their whole supply of bananas to FT which is the biggest single commitment in the world and us to advertise the video event, giving away ft postcards with details. Need to take names to assess possible numbers.
5.FTFN Possible display in St Michaels and TIC window (waiting confirmation). Contact point to assist with printing and laminating and offered loan of display boards. ACTION JULIE
6.Postcards.Need to be put to good use,
Use for invitations to events
Contact Point for Parish Councillors to use for mail.
Have available at places in the directory.
7.New directory should be available tomorrow to be distributed to FT outlets.
ACTION ROSS to call at shop n Wednesday.
ACTION JUDITH to take to Oxenhope
ACTION JULIE to take to Oakworth

8.Report on Stop the traffik presentation attended by Rita and Ross. Bradford Cathedral.
World Fairtrade Day 12 May. Display as usual outside Sonias Smile, volunteers requested. Resources to be available shortly.
9.Haworth Gala August Bank Holiday.
Decided a stall is too much of a commitment as not enough help and too long for anyone alone. Maybe just a presence giving samples and with the banner and banana? To be dicussed at a later date. Steve suggested as people pass West Lane church maybe a stand/ refreshments there.
10.1940s w/e May
Jo and Kate (Doreen and Maureen) to be approached to help (payment agreed) Suggestion of candy floss with FT sugar (black market of course!) and bananas for sale outside Sonias Smile.
ACTION STEVE To find out price of hiring a machine
11.SPAR
Disappointing still no Fairtrade products. They are making a deliberate effort not to stock.
Suggest encouraging customers to request.
Get involved in the Yahoo Fairtrade town discussion group to ask others to put pressure on Spar.
12.November 07 will be the 5th Anniversarry of Haworth Fairtrade Village.
Suggested party maybe showing the film 'Black Gold' if possible. ACTION RITA
13.Treasurers report. Judith is concerned that we are not using the money but that bank charges are being levied. ACTION JUDITH to have a word with the bank and if this doesn't stop will look into changing account, Abbey and Co-op suggested. Sufficient money for a party.
£802.16 in the bank.
14.Worth Valley Magazine. Liz has offered 2 pages for FT deadline of 13 Feb for March edition. Will put a list of ft places and a question and answer section or similar article.ACTION RITA Appeal for someone to assist with website if John agrees.
15.Hilary to order some resources for the contact point from FT Foundation.
16.Next meeting Monday 12 February 7pm Fleece

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Haworth Fairtrade meeting Feb 11 2007
Fleece Main St 7pm
Present. Hilary, Rita, Julie, Judith, Liz
Apologies, Ross, Steve

Arrangements re the IFAT Global Journey banner 22 April start 2pm Suggested ............
Possible church bell ringing beforehand and then Morris dancers in front of church steps (awaiting confirmation) this will attract a crowd.
Banner proceeds from the Parsonage and stops on the church steps where the declaration is read out possibly by a few children all doing a small section. ACTION RITA to ask Bev about scouts etc
May need loudspeakers ACTION RITA AND LIZ to enquire about battery equipment.
Proceed down Main Street. Need 5 volunteers to wear IFAT costumes adult size stretchy. ACTION RITA (find some acrobats)
At the bottom of Main St go through the park to station where the brass band will be playing on the platform as banner arrives (awaiting confirmation of band)
A display of Haworth Fairtrade already set up in the station waiting room with details of 'the book'. As press would have publicised the event ACTION RITA to ask Jim permission.
ACTION HILARY to arrange loan of display stand.
After reading of the declaration again by a chosen person (TBA... Rita waiting for Bobs email) Morris dancers again then the banner to take a short train journey. Need to check timing of all to coincide with travel and that the banner will actually fit on the train! Also how many on the train to accompany banner.
Cars required at Oxenhope to bring people back to Haworth.
Inform Ian Palmer re photos ACTION RITA
Use twinning video camera to record all ACTION RITA to request and find operator.
Other options Town Cryer to lead procession and cry. ACTION RITA (by this time Rita might also cry)
ACTION HILARY to liase with the police for crowd control.
Agreed that payment of a reasonable donation is available for band and dancers.

After discussions it was decided that an awareness raising party for the Global Journey event was too short notice and time consuming and instead a stall would be more useful and appropriate during Fairtrade Fortnight. This would be a small stand on the space opposite the jewellers above Sonias Smile in main St.
This would consist of samples, leaflets and the new Bradford FT directory, small display and tombola with Fairtrade prizes. Theme this year is Change today, choose Fairtrade.
ACTION JUDITH to approach Co-op and Sainsburys re FT goods
ACTION HILARY to arrange loan of the gazebo and display stand
A backdrop (sheet) for the gazebo for the posters
Press to be informed of both events. ACTION RITA

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Haworth Fairtrade Steering Group
Meeting Monday October 8 2007 West Lane Baptist
Minutes

Present Rita John Chris

Rita handed over £23.80 for sale of postcards.

Rita reported that after a visit to Nat West bank Judith has received a letter stating that the charges have now been stopped.

Haworth has submitted the Fairtrade renewal to the Foundation but not yet had a result.

All the directory entries need to be checked and submitted to the Bradford Group before the end of October for inclusion in the new directory ready for Fairtrade Fortnight. Rita reported that the new organic shop on Main Street will be included and will give details in the next few days.ACTION
Barbara Judd from Shipley proposed at the Bradford meeting that the picture on the back of the directory should be Haworth with the IFAT banner. Rita to ask permission from Ian Palmer for the use of his photo.ACTION

Rita and Judith attended the Keighley event hosted by the Methodist churches in Keighley Town Centre attended by Ann Cryer and Keighley Lord Mayor. The Keighley News reported.

Re the film 'Amazing Grace' to be screened on 4 th November
Chris reported that the usual churches together attendance and all the publicity we can expect a minimum of 50plus.
Advertised 6pm for 6.15 start. Chris to introduce.
Chris to contact Diana Greenwood from Bradford to arrange collection of the pop-ups loan and also receive samples of tea and coffee of which Bradford has apparently got lots.ACTION
Tea and coffee to be served after the screening. Chris to arrange volunteers from church congregation, any other helpers welcome.ACTION
Need Haworth banner, Bradford directories.
Chris to do a flyer with all other dates to be distributed beforehand along with posters to Sonias Smile, West Lane, TIC, John S, contact point.ACTION
Chris to arrange publicity with Liz at Worth Valley mag, Jens, Keighley News.ACTION
The church has a 6x4 screen which seems adequate but Rita investigating the possible loan of any other equipment. To contact Ann at Denholme and possibly the college/Uni.ACTION
John, Chris and Rita to meet on Thursday 11th 9.30 to check out venue and film.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Haworth Fairtrade Meeting
Friday 19th September 2008 9.30am HOPS
Minutes

Present. Chris, Rita, Gail Judith
Apologies John

Fairtrade Fortnight dates 23 Feb-9 March

Discussed meal on the train. Bradford FT group has agreed to help fund up to £200. More talks with railway to agree on venue, date cost etc ACTION RITA.
Ann and John Drury agreed to play for the event.
Group agreed it would be better to have a free event rather than charge. Offer of help from Johnny Briggs who is a rail volunteer and a chef.
As Bradford FT have passed a resolution 'to support local farmers and produce' this should be recognised and followed.
Request FT Producer visit to invite as soon as date fixed. ACTION RITA

Edinburgh Woollen Mill have agreed to us having a stand for samples tasting etc.
Date to be agreed when we know the train meal date. Need volunteers to give away directories etc

Need to request the pop-ups and buntin from FT Bradford, as this is the most active time they will possibly not be available. ACTION RITA

Donations of chocolate, coffee, tea any other FT food for the meal required from supermarkets etc. Action Judith and anyone who has a contact with suppliers.

Chris will be active on his banana bike....?

ACTION RITA Request loan of banana costume if available from Barbara Judd to have 'hug a banana'. Appropriate message displayed about 'fair exchange'.

All pubs to be approached with a request to serve FT tea and coffee during FT FN. We will give them a package of products to try, and produce a laminated sign for the bar. ACTION Judith will check which pubs are privately owned or a chain.

Order any resources early from FF website, beermats, etc ACTION RITA

ACTION Gail to organise a FT trail for children along the lines of scrabble.

Chris to speak to Stanbury school about some involvement.
Chris to check all other churches re Ft status.
Chris to ask around at the Primary school for someone willing to apply for FT status

Campaign days London 27Sept Sheffield 4 Oct, No-one is available to attend

Money given to Chris from FT Bradford for films

Money/receipts handed to Judith 1960 w/e and Stephen and Joycelins visit. Rita to be re-imbursed.

Directory updates needed and sent to Barbara Judd ACTION CHRIS

Samuel a teacher from Ghana will visit 9th November accompanied by Bruce. The railway have agreed to let them use the train. Bruce requested that they meet members of the group in the evening at the Fleece.

We need all press and publicity on record for the renewal, IE the litter-pick organised by Churches together in Haworth and Crossroads because they had Fairtrade t-shirts and all FT refreshments donated by Morrisons.

Next meeting 31 October 9.30am HOPS

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

MINUTES
Haworth FT minutes 31 October 08 HOPS
Present Rita Gail Chris
Apologies Ross Judith John


Bruce and Samuel visit Nov 9th. Tickets for train available. Rita hopefully to accompany if JS can't.
Next years FT14 theme is Make it Happen, Choose Fairtrade
Train... Further discussion re venue after having price of carriage £6 adult £3.50 child. Various options. Rita and Gail to meet with Jessica Thewliss 9am Sunday at Oxenhope. Chris to speak to Johhny Briggs re station venue.
Amy Cowling recently moved to the village would like to join the group and agreed to help with the stand at Woollen Mill.
Need donations, suggested.....
Bananas for children and chocolate samples for Woollen Mill Chris to approach Morrisons
Sponsorship of the railway meal probably a buffet style. Rita to write to Co-op and Sainsbury's. (£200 offered from Bradford group)
2 hampers required, one for raffle and one for Gails scrabble trail.
Mikron Theatre co have a Fairtrade presentation but don't start till April. Agreed it would be a good thing to have another time. Chris suggested church as a venue. Rita wrote to ask Mikron availability.
Re Directory. Need to get entries in asap. Rita to phone around current ones. Chris to check again with Parsonage. Andy at the Fleece will mention to Nick that we have offered an event during FT14 and if he will do 2 FT products will be the first pub and we can do a feature in Wvmag.
Special thanks go to Graham for converting the SPAR takeaway tea and coffee to Fairtrade, after a long campaign, sadly they still do not sell any products.
Rita to check with Liz B the deadline for entry into Feb mag. Can we have any space, cost etc.
Press release to go to all others, KN, contact point etc Action Rita.
Buntin workparty. Rita has turquoise material and suggested a get together to involve children to do cut ting out. Chris offered church as a venue but suggested a more public place ie outside Sonias Smile.
More cotton material, particularly black and green sought.
Love sent to the Upton family.

Date of next meeting TBA

HAWORTH FAIRTRADE MEETING
Thursday 8th Jan 2009 10am
HOPS Main St
Minutes

present; Judith, Chris, Robin, Gail, Liz, John, Rita
Judith reported that there was £470 in the bank.
Re last meeting minutes, Judith has listed all pubs in the area and noted whether they are tenanted or managed. Action Chris and Robin will visit these together with an information package. Action Rita to collate some materials, directory, samples window sticker etc.
Short report on Samuel and Bruce's successful visit and thanks given to Liz and Jill for excellent hospitality. Mention that Bruce has been awarded an MBE in the New Years Honours list.
Mikron Theatre. Group decided that it would be best to let Mikron put the event on and take the door. Action Chris will liase with them. Action Rita to contact Haworth Arts Group to include in their programme if we can have it during the Festival in September.
Brief mention of Fairtrade Bradford who are a very strong Group giving Haworth continued support. All are invited to the meetings, the next one being at Keighley Shared Church 26 January. 5pm
Rita is attending the 3rd Fairtrade Towns Conference in Lyon in February. There are now 400 FT Towns and the funding bid is to take it to another level making campaigners more actively responsible in monitoring and supporting newcomers.
Fairtrade Fortnight February 23-March 8
Gail is organising Fairtrade Trail and Robin invited her to speak about it at the Haworth Village Association AGM on 13 Jan 7pm Haworth Old Hall pub.
The FF is trying to beat the World banana eating record between noon Friday 6 March and noon Sat 7 March. Various ideas were discussed but as there are not many people around in the village at this time we can still have an awareness raising event maybe Sat afternoon or Sunday. Robin suggested bbq bananas with chocolate which all agreed would be very successful and newsworthy plus will raise a little funds. Venue to be decided but could be outside Weaving Shed who have agreed to host something. Action Rita to speak to them asap. Other venues discussed, station forecourt, unmentionable car-park, Main Street.
Action John and Chris to talk to their Primary school contacts about children having a banana each on Friday. Need donation of about 350. Action Rita to approach Oakworth Co-op for possible participation.
Gail suggested asking cafes if they would like to include a Fairtrade dessert special on their menu Action Gail.
Chuffin' Fair (from Urban Dictionary... To mean good, great, like flipin eck, life is good!!
chuffin loveley! chuffin eck! (as in heck!) good great lovely marvelous fab )

Rita had replies from Sainsburys and Tim Taylors saying they can't help with the food/drink sponsorship Action Robin to ask independent breweries.
Recipe Book. All agreed that Tom's offer of photography and layout help would be great and to widen the scope to include other Haworth venues would make it more appealing. Action John to contact and work with Tom.
Action Rita to contact Jessica to confirm date and numbers. Agreed that an estimate of 70 to be catered for in view of the reduced funds and invite of others bringing a dish to be sampled.
Action Chris to provide screen, player and images, also Tom's images of Ghana.
Action Rita to contact Shipley Morris dancers to welcome people arriving.
Everyone in the directory to be invited to make an A4 poster for the display board and bring business cards.
Details for publication in Worth Valley Mag asap Action Rita also
Info to Robin for inclusion at AGM and sent to Geoff Podmore for inclusion in Community Pride (we need venue confirmations before 14 Jan)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Haworth Fairtrade Group meeting
Thursday 12 Feb 2009
HOPS Main St 10 am


Present. Chris, Robin, Ann, Gail, John, Rita
Apologies, Judith, Angela

1.Rita gave a short report on the 3rd Fairtrade Towns Conference in Lyon. It was decided that the
Fairtrade mark and the publics understanding of it are a complex issue and an event at a later date should be arranged specifically for this.
2.The TIC room for Fairtrade Fortnight is still available and Pam was approaching Stanbury school to see if they could make use of it.
3.Chris reported that the Primary school have come up with several banana ideas for FT14, one being joining in the World record with Sainsbury's donating 300 bananas. Keighley News have been informed and Chris will suggest that the school enter the events on the FF website.
4.Gail has done the quiz and is just needs a few more shops to participate. It was decided that the winner will be drawn from all the correct entries. Gail to make the prize of a hamper which will be in the TIC window display with an invitation to call inside for an entry form.
5.Robin reported that he discussed Fairtrade at the recent Village meeting and they had all agreed that Fairtrade should be brought in more and promoted more widely with all events.
6.'Chuffin Fair' It was agreed that the Railway do the bar, they have applied for a license and are willing to pay (£21). As they don't have Fairtrade wine, the group will purchase it from the co-op on sale or return.
7.The logistics of lighting, tables, chairs, screen, sockets, PA etc were discussed and Chris, John and Rita to visit the location.
8.John suggested we have a video record of the event and he will put excerpts on the website.
9. Rita has applied to community chest for funding of a banner with the new logo.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
MINUTES
MEETING 19 MARCH 2009
SONIAS SMILE 10AM
Present: John, Chris, Ann, Rita
Apologies, Liz, Gail, Judith

Chuffin Fair
All agreed that the event was a huge success and it was hoped that we could use the venue again. Thanks given to everyone who contributed help and entertainment.
Agreed that a donation of £30 (each group) be offered to Silsden Singers, Rainbow Morris Dancers and Clifton Drummers.

The raffle prize has not been claimed and it was agreed that it be raffled again at West Lane Baptist Church's event Holiday at Home with the proceeds to Haworth Fairtrade.

Copies of all press reports are required for renewal and Rita offered to call at the KN office to track them down.

Other FT FN events
The quiz was not a success possibly due to insufficient promotion on the days. It is possible we may be able to use it at another time.
Haworth Primary School had a week of using bananas in cooking etc culminating in joining in the banana world record. KN reported this event. Thanks to the school for their continued FT support. Chris will engage again in discussion about applying for FT school status.


Next years FTFN. Chris mentioned the improved relationship with the traders due to Robin being chair and it was hoped that the next 12 months will bring about closer ties resulting in more traders getting involved next year. Ideas to be discussed.

Recipe book
Ann reported that most of the recipes already received are now formatted with only 2 remaining. John has all Tom's photos of the event and Ian Palmer has offered the use of his for the book along with any others taken around the village.
More people have been approached for recipes and John Ann and Rita will liase to arrange a date for additional photography. It is hoped that this can be done quite soon so that the book be launched on World Fair Trade Day, May 9th

Mikron Theatre
Chris will contact them to firm up the details of cost etc and also the Arts Group to see whether or not they are going ahead and wish to be involved.
Chris to contact Liz for inclusion in Worth Valley mag and also contact point.

Discussion on getting numbers up both for the steering group and outlets. Chris to ask Jens to put dates of meetings in the KN local column.

Involvement in other Haworth events
60's w/e. Probable John/Yoko outside Sonias Smile again. Chris to ask Beccy to make a painted 'cut-out face' celebrity board with FT logo/t-shirt etc for photographs for donations.
It was not thought appropriate to do anything on 40's w/e.

Proposed food market event by Bradford Council. It is not yet confirmed but if it goes ahead Rita will ask Bradford FT group (meeting 22 April) for their help.

Rita has been approached by Park Lane College re delivering FT information to outreach community groups. Meeting to be arranged.

Finances
£200 received from Bradford Markets Dept towards Chuffin Fair.
Railway invoice not yet receieved.
Rita and Gail have purchased the surplus wine.
A new constitution was agreed and signed to send to Community Chest for the funding of £160 for the banner.

Meeting closed.
Next meeting tba

<><><><><><><><>><LATEST MINUTES><><><><><><><><><

Haworth Fairtrade Meeting
25 June 2009
HOPS, Main St

MINUTES

Present : Rita, Ann, Robin. Liz, Gail, Chris, Kathleen
Apologies: Ross, Judith, John

Treasurers report, £292,01 in the bank plus additional £172 from 60's w/e collection by Ross and Keepa,
Huge thanks expressed from the group for a wonderful John and Yoko (I am sure they would approve)

Chuffin Fair cookbook update
.It was suggested that the Fine Food Fair would be a wonderful opportunity to launch the book and as time is quite short now, Liz offered to help with the layout as she has a little time at the moment (and publishing skills!) Robin offered assistance also if required.

Outlets
The village (traders) website mentions Fairtrade which is great but the information is out of date. We need the new FT village logo on and more accurate information. Action Robin to address this issue and liase with Rita for correct info.
It was discussed how we can give more obvious promotion and support to FT outlets to encourage others rather than 'nag' them.
Need to try and make sure others who do sell FT are recognised and added to the list for instance The Weavers. Rita reported that at the Bradford meeting it was thought that the directory may not be published next year in the same format as it is extremely costly.
Chris suggested. a party similar to the Tale of Ten Cities Cycle ride with good Fairtrade food on offer and invite all traders.(could the YHA event be suitable see later minutes)

Mikron
Chris has all details and it was decided to go for the option of buying the production in for
£550. There will be hire of the church also and printing tickets. Mikron mentioned that sometimes the Co-op have done some sponsorship. Action Chris
Tickets to be £7 each or a family of 2 adults and 2 children £20 (additional children £5)
Gail would like to have some Fairtrade food on offer also not just tea and coffee.
Raffle, need some prizes.
The production is 2 x 45 minutes
Refreshments on arrival and middle.
They will provide posters and advertising on their literature/website (it is the opening night of the season)
We need to promote this to get a full house of 110. Robin suggested getting in touch with theatre links.
Liz mentioned that the magazine next month had no room for the info in the Community pages but offered for her team to distribute leaflets for minimal cost. It was suggested that this is a good opportunity to get all our Fairtrade news together. Action Rita and Chris

Oromo Coffee Company
An Ethiopian coffee company which is the first co-op between the farmers in Oromos and Ethiopian people settled in the UK. Still a very small social enterprise. Rita invited them to come as our guests to the Fine Food Festival 1st and 2nd August on the Fairtrade stall and bring their story, sell their coffee direct to the public.
They need accommodation for Saturday night as they will be coming by public transport. Robin may be able to find accommodation at a discount rate (Fairtrade group to pay)
Opportunity for information on a big screen.
Help will be required to man the stand for two days. Rita to ask Bradford FT Group. Action Rita
Discussion whether they could come to Mikron which had been the first idea but this will now be left for them to liase together.
Rita and Gail will both be stocking the three coffees.

Janak.
Rita had a phonecall from Janak who is in the UK and wants to come to Haworth to do rangoli. He has been here at the invitation of HSBC bank headquarters for their Indian Summer promotion and also the British Museum. He may be here until October if work can be found for him.
There is a World Arts festival in Keighley on 11 July and they showed interest. Rita will request that they look into funding for Janak and there may be other possibilities for him .
Actions
Chris to ask Keighley shared Church
Robin to speak to Phil Smith Keighley Town Centre Manager
Rita to speak to Stanbury School
Janak will need accommodation.

It was thought that the Fine food Fair was probably a better opportunity to link with Fairtrade and maybe have a rangoli trail leading from the top of the street to the park with one in the church or Parsonage and small ones at points down the street with a final one being demonstrated in the marquee or outside if fine. He needs 10 square feet, thick flat plastic or preferably lino. Leaflets about the Fair can be distributed at these points.
Action Chris to ask Parsonage

Fairtrade Fortnight 2010
There may be a small contingent (12-15) from Sweden coming to Europe around the time of Fairtrade Fortnight and they have requested joining in with events. Rita will suggest they use the Youth Hostel and will ask whether an event can be held there also.
Chris agreed and mentioned that if it is organised sufficiently early that it may be featured in the YHA mag. OtherYHA members may wish to come.
Need to come up with ideas for the evening. Gail suggested European evening costume/food.

The Primary School are looking at being a FT school and Chris thinks they would like to be involved in FTFN, suggestion of 'Fair Game' assorted games up the street, ie giant size snakes and ladders, crossword, etc all under gazebos, schoolyard games unfair goals, Keighley Cougars vs pupils etc. Action Chris school. Action Rita Catja (find out dates) then check YHA.

Rita mentioned the insurance required for the Market stall is covered by Bradford Fairtrade Group.

Date of next meeting on Market Thursday 23 July HOPS 9.30

Date of next but one meeting re FTFN Thursday 3rd September HOPS 9.30

Chris will email about Mikron details from now on.

<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

Haworth Fairtrade Group meeting incorporating Twinning stand
23 July 09
HOPS 9.30am

Apologies, Liz, Chris John Judith Robin, Ross

Present, Rita, Ann, Gail

Mikron posters have arrived but not yet distributed. Request that anyone who can take them further afield please do so. Ross has done Crossroads and Offshoots .Rita gave several to John Wood today which will cover Menston and Burley in Wharfedale.

Food Festival.
The Parish Council have money to help local businesses and groups and will fund 50% of the stall cost.

Fairtrade stand
Abiyot and Teshome will sell their Oromo coffee. Nirmal (markets dept) has agreed to coffee tastings providing a filter machine, single serve milk pods and disposable cups are used.
Rita has ordered Divine chocolate to sell and hopefully cover the overheads.
Blank fairtrade cotton banner to use as a message wall (or something similar!)
Mikron posters and flyers, sell tickets if available.
Directories and leaflets, Oromo display if they have one.
Bright tablecloths, FT village banner, banana, buntin.

Awaiting confirmation of accommodation for Abiyot and Teshome.

Twinning stand
Café Direct are launching a new instant Machu Picchu coffee later in August. They have sent us some and suggest we give out as prizes for a draw if people sign up to be a 'friend of Café Direct' We have sample sachets of coffee also. Need a display and Peruvian music (if allowed)
Water bottles and bottle holders on sale to cover overheads.
Need Peruvian and Haworth posters Action Rita
Worth Valley mags and Dvds available

Book update. The book is looking great but unfortunately won't be ready for sale at the festival and the bags won't be here from Ghana

Help so far offered to help on the stands

Liz
Rita
FT, John Wood (both mornings)
Twinning, James (Saturday hour or two)
Twinning, Belinda (Sunday hour or two)
Twinning, possibly John Atkinson (Sunday)

<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><

Minutes Haworth Fairtrade Village meeting
Hops, 3 September 09


Present, Chris, Kathleen, Judith, Rita, Ann, Gail, Liz
Apologies, John

Good News! Starbucks are now officially serving all espresso Fairtrade coffee in Uk and Ireland and Cadburys Dairy Milk is now all Fairtrade which massively increases the cocoa purchased from Ghana.

Update of Oromo visit, they were extremely pleased with the whole event and visit to Haworth, They expressed deep gratitude and thanks to the Fairtrade Group. Paid out
£40 for cottage and £100 for stand out of money raised at the 60s event rest given to Judith.
There is a youtube video of the Fair.
Treasurer reported £350 in the bank as two of the cheques given out as expenses for Chuffin Fair have not been cashed. Parish Council funded £70 towards the stand but cheque made out to Rita. Meeting with Judith required to discuss and update.

The Old Silent expressed interest at the Food Festival. An evening meal was suggested and as the Rotary Club have a regular meeting there and we need a discussion with them it was suggested as a good opportunity. Liz to approach Paul Stapleton and John Huxley. Gail offered to do a recipe from the Chuffin Fair cookbook Fairtrade group offered to supply a few sample bottles of wine.

Peter Hill is in USA and will be visiting Haworth New Jersey. He has the contact details for Stephanie from Media which is the first Fairtrade Town in the USA who is going to liase and inform them about Fairtrade status.

Several people expressed interest in attending the European Fairtrade Fair in Lyon October 2/3/4. Rita to send on information.

Mikron event.
Sales going steadily.
LYF will be bringing several young people who will need to break their fast during the evening and will require facilities. Chris will liase with Christina.
Raffle prizes needed, Rita, Gail
Chris to ask Johnny
Chris offered homemade wine and chutney
Kathleen to approach Oakworth Co-op
Judith to ask Oxenhope Co-op
Rita to ask Holland and Barrett
Gail is in charge of refreshments and will use Oromo coffee, sell cakes etc. (costs re-imbursed)
Chris to confirm actual start time with Mikron to allow for refreshments beforehand.
Rita to do display and banner/buntin etc for foyer
Chris to check publicity with Mikron to make sure it is in KN
Liz is going to tweet (haha)
Any other prizes?

Chris to erect 'event here today banner'


Update on cookbook
John and Liz have discussed the progress and as they have different formats it has been difficult. Need a meeting to assess how much more there is to go in.John, Rita, Liz and Ann
Decision made that it's ok to have details/format as given and not uniform as that's the charm and idea.

Chris and Rita to meet with John for a lesson on how to update the website.


<<>><<>><<>><<>><<>><<>><<>><<>><<>><<>><<>><<>><<>><<>><<>

Haworth Fairtrade Meeting
2nd November 2009
HOPS
Minutes

Present
Ann, Rita, Chris, Liz, Judith, Gail, (later) Rev Peter Mayo-Smith

Apologies
John , Annie, Christine

Finance.
Cheques and proceeds of Mikron handed over and agreed that Chris be paid for use of the church for the Mikron event.Liz not yet been paid for ad.
Thanks noted to Bradford Fairtrade group for their continued financial support.

Chris proposed the showing of the film 'The age of Stupid' about climate change set in 2050. Date to be confirmed possibly last week in November.
Liz suggested also 'Vanishing bees' which is sponsored by the Co-op.
Action Liz to enquire.

Fairtrade Fortnight 2010 (22 Feb -7 March)
Discussion re Ministry of Chocolate who Rita has been in touch with but it was felt that following the theme of 'The big swap' based around tea which the Fairtrade Foundation are publicising would be more successful at that time. Gail suggested a title of 'A fair trade for justice'
Decision made to hold a tea dance.
Preferred location Bronte School Room, 27th February Saturday 3-6pm
Gail to contact and book (check capacity)
Chris to inform local residents around West Lane and hopefully sell tickets
Price to be confirmed but entry by a box of tea bags to be exchanged for Fairtrade ones.
Rita to ask Pam about Paul Harper to provide music
Request Pam to help with décor
Liz will do publicity
Judith to request tea sponsorship from head office at the Co-op
(Judith requested that the exchanged boxes of tea are donated to Bradford food store St Mary's Church for distribution to the homeless.)
Kathleen to bring to the attention of parishioners re women's day of prayer for possible help.
Liz to ask Jens about contacting Ian Dewhirst re talk about history of tea dances.
Liz to approach nursing home contacts.

It is hoped that ticket sales will go well prior to the event.
Awareness also on Main street by giving out free single tea bags. Dressed up as appropriate or Mad Hatter etc

MINISTRY OF CHOCOLATE
All agreed that we would like to host an event.
It was proposed that 3 children's workshops on World Fair Trade Day 8th May would be suitable. (It would have to be on Friday rather than Saturday the day itself)
Rita to ask Pauline for contact at Oxenhope
Liz to contact Mr Swinburn Stanbury
Chris to ask Haworth Primary who are working towards Fairtrade status
Rita to request price for full day 3 locations.


Networking
Liz to contact Paul at the Old Silent as discussed in previous meeting re weekly rotary evenings. We will offer to supply some FT wine etc as a taster, Also an opportunity to discuss signs and work together.
Again discussed that it would be good to have more traders/cafes at least for the Fortnight, we could take some Fairtrade Tea bags in and do a 'swap'

Cookbook progress discussed. Rita and Ann to proof read and list anything else which needs to go in.

Welcome
We welcomed Rev Peter Mayo-Smith the new vicar at St Michaels and All Angels who is very keen to be involved. He offered a display in Church for Fairtrade Fortnight and will base a sermon on 7th March.

If we can get all details confirmed asap they can be included in Community Pride.

<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><



haworth-village.org.uk 2001 - 2017


tracker